Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We've Been Wondering...


We've wondered about John John's age since before he came home.  He was so tiny and so babyish in the videos we were blessed to have of him.  Something just didn't add up.

Today John Wesley had his first appointment with his wonderful pediatrician.  She agreed that he didn't seem to be 4.5 years old.  She also noted that even though he has been living in an orphanage he is not malnourished and is very sociable.  He presents as a 2-3 year old child.  

She sent us for a bone scan and we had results in about an hour and 15 minutes.  It was a very quick xray of his left wrist.  So, now we know how old John is.  He is 3 years, 0 months old according to the scan.  I know some people will say that the scans are not reliable but in this case we and the doctors believe that it is given the circumstances. 

Now to begin the process of changing his birthday.  Not looking forward to that paperwork near as much as I was the paperwork to adopt him!  

So.......we are going to be having a party around here very soon!

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, JOHN WESLEY!!!  

7 comments:

  1. Our doc is asking us to wait until we take another one in 6 months, but I think ours was pretty dead on target too. John John does seem just right at 3. Keep me posted on the age changing process for SC as we will do the same very soon for Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have guessed him at 4 1/2! So glad you were able to get an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, John Wesley!! :) Glad you got some answers! Isn't it crazy that for a child that young, the swi can be that far off on the bday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! That is amazing. So do the x-rays pick his birthday or do you get to choose an actual date? And he definitely looks 3 to me too! Congratulations again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday John John!!! 3 guess that means I have to wait another 2 years to get you in my class :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally had a chance to catch up on my blogs. Love seeing the updates of John and I can't wait to see y'all Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete